Monday, November 26, 2018

Aquamarina Palm Harbour Marina in Cape Haze, Florida

Day #146: Up at 6:00 A.M. after a very restless night bothered by no-see-um bites I worked on getting a ride via Lyft to get to an urgent care. Mike talked to Terry the Harbormaster he told him about Millennium Health LLL that was only a short ride from the marina. Jay from Lyft picked us up taking us to Millennium. Jay was very nice telling us about restaurants and shopping in the area. I was seen by a Nurse Practitioner who confirmed that I had been bitten by no-see-ums. The Nurse Practitioner offered me that I could start with oral medications today or have an injection followed by oral medication. I said "give me the shot" followed by the oral mediation starting on Tuesday, The Nurse Practitioner did look at my left thigh she confirmed that I most likely torn part of the hamstring but not to the point that it needed surgical repair. Jay picked us up at Millennium taking us back to the boat. At noon Enterprise picked up Bruce, Bev, Mike and myself up at the marina taking us to Enterprise to pick up our rental car. Bruce and Bev stopped at a road side Chicago Hot Dog stand. We headed to Walmart and Publix. After putting all of supplies away we got ready for dinner. At 3:30 P.M. Bruce, Bev, Mike and I headed to Manasota Key to have dinner at the White Elephant Restaurant. The White Elephant is where Mike and I always have dinner on our arrival in Florida. We took a ride down to Stump Pass Park but the park was going to be closing as it was almost dusk. We headed to a very cute beach store on Manasota Key called Barefoot Traders. We headed back to the boat for some quiet time and blogging.
Bruce and Bev at a hot dog stand for lunch.

One of Mike and Patty's favorite places to eat on Manasota Key.

Bev, Bruce, Mike and I at dinner at the White Elephant.

Cool rug at the White Elephant (thanks Bev).

At the round-about in the middle of Manasota Key.

One of our favorite beach stores on Manasota Key, Barefoot Traders.