Friday, August 9, 2019

Sportsman's Inn Marina in Killarney, ON

Day #402: Mike and I were up at 6:00 A.M. while Mike was making coffee I started 2 loads of laundry. Mike and I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast of coffee, cinnamon roll and peaches/blueberries. At 8:00 A.M. the laundry was folded and put away and I tried to work on blogging but the internet continues to be very slow. The two of us walked down to the Killarney Mountain Lodge (from what Mike and I are hearing both The Sportsman’s Inn and Killarney Mountain Lodge have the same owner). The facilities at the Killarney Mountain Lodge are beautiful with lots of the granite used as part of the facility. Mike and I headed back to the boat to work on a few projects. At 11:00 A.M. the two of us went to Herbert’s to have fish for lunch. After lunch, I had good internet so I was able to catch up on the blog. The winds increased gusting at times to 40 miles per hour. Mike and I put up extra canvas on the flying bridge to help minimize any damage.  It was cool but a sunny afternoon. The wind blew so hard that the gangplank fell into the water on “The Lower Place’s” dock. The gangplank was eventually fixed. Happy hour was had on “Alysana”.  At 5:00 P.M. Mike went to “Herbert’s” to get smoked fish. He bought some smoked fish for Gina and John which John made into dip. Richard and Jill from “Jill Kristy” joined Gina, John, Mike and I for happy hour on “Alysana”. The winds would decrease then increase intermittently with occasional sprinkles. At 8:00 P.M. it was time for blogging and reading. The plan is for “Alysana” and “Parrot Bay” to stay here Saturday leaving on Sunday due to it being the weekend. 

Mike and I walked to the Killarney Mountain Lodge to check it out. 
   
Mike and Inukshuk
 
Cool lighthouse at the Killarney Mountain Lodge.
                                                                                  
                 
Mike standing on the granite that makes up most of the Killarney Mountain Lodge.
 
Beautiful scenery at the Killarney Mountain Lodge. 


The winds were so powerful that they knocked the gangplank off of the dock.