Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Aquamarina Palm Harbour Marina in Cape Haze, Florida

Day #267: From last evening Mike beat me at cribbage. The two of us were up at 6:30 A.M. for coffee, grapefruit, lemon poppy seed muffins and cookies. Mike and I needed to do more re-provisioning so we headed to Publix, post office, ACE Hardware, CVS, Englewood Chamber of Commerce and Office Depot. After returning to the boat I received a text from "Island Girl" as they were cruising by Aquamarina Palm Harbour on their way to Sarasota from their Key's trip. I went over to see Sue and Betsy receiving a tour of "Hadley" a Rosborough which is beautiful. Mike and I worked on paperwork and turned off the freezer getting it ready for departure. After lunch the two of us headed to the post office and Swim Mart one more trip before we leave. David and Jan headed to the pool in the afternoon so Mike and I went over to enjoy a beverage with them. At 4:00 P.M. David, Jan, Mike and I hopped into the rental vehicle heading out for an evening of fun. The four of us headed to the Beach Road Boutique on Manasota Key. After a bit of shopping the group of us then headed to the White Elephant for dinner sitting out over the water. After dinner Mike and I took David and Jan to Barefoot Trader for a bit of shopping. It was a bit to early for sunset so the our group headed to Blind Pass looking for a shark teeth. The sun dropped below a cloud deck so the four of us had a great sunset at 7:44 P.M. It was then time for David, Jan, Mike and I to head back to the marina.

Tomorrow David and Jan will be turning the keys over to the new owner of "Optimystique".  We have gotten to know David and Jan while looping and especially over the last three months here at Aquamarina Palm Harbour. Again, this is not goodbye but we will see you again soon.

Ken and Karen on "Island Girl" cruising by Aquamarina Palm Harbour on their way back from the Keys.

Waiting for the sun to pass through the clouds at sunset.
 
Four friends myself, Mike, David and Jan.

Sun dropping below the clouds heading for a great sunset. 

Loving the sunset. 

Mike and I at sunset at Blind Pass.

Beautiful colors at sunset.