Monday, December 24, 2018

Aquamarina Palm Harbour Marina in Cape Haze, Florida

Day #174: (Christmas Eve) Merry Christmas from Mike and I!!! From last evening Mike and I finished watching The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. WE started watching The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Up at 6:30 A.M. we headed right over to the laundry room to do one quick load of laundry. Coffee, grapefruit and sweet treats for breakfast while watching the local news. When I went to get the laundry out of the dryer someone had brought lots of clothes to the laundry room so we know what they were doing Christmas Eve morning. Mike and I went for a 3.73 miles walk. I put up the ham in the crockpot while Mike worked on trying to find out why we are getting water in the settee in the boat. We launched the dinghy, packed some snacks and cooler heading to Don Pedro State Park. It was sunny, clear, 70 degrees and 1-2 foot waves. The beach was great for shelling and shark tooth hunting. At 2:30 P.M. we headed back to the boat. After it was time to work on getting all of the fixings ready for dinner: potatoes, bread, corn, etc. At 5:00 P.M. Mike and I sat down for Christmas Eve dinner which was great. Mike and I had some downtime waiting for my family to eat dinner so that we could all FaceTime for gift opening. At 7:00 P.M. it was time to open gifts with my Mom, Dad, sister, brother in law, nephew and niece. After gift opening it was time to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus which is our family tradition. My mom makes a jello (red layer and green layer) infused white cake with whipped topping and sprinkles. At 7:40 it was time for Mike and I to have some Christmas Eve downtime on the "Parrot Bay".
MERRY CHRISTMAS from The Boynton's!


Christmas Eve dinner in the crockpot.

Mike having an awesome Christmas Eve on the beach.

Patty having an awesome Christmas Eve on the beach. 

Mike found this on the beach when he looked it up it is a Mantis Shrimp.

Christmas Eve dinner aboard "Parrot Bay". (Ham, mashed potatoes, corn and bread).

My mom Rosemary opening Christmas gifts.

My dad Don sporting his new Calloway hat opening Christmas gifts.
 
My sister Krista opening a Christmas gift. 

My brother in law Andy opening Christmas gifts on Christmas Eve.
 
Patty and Mike's niece Maria and nephew Anthony opening gifts. 

Jesus' birthday cake.