Sunday, July 29, 2018

Marina at Harbor Lights Resort in Frankfort, MI

Day #26: Up at 7 A.M. for coffee, cherries, nectarine and banana bread. Things are changing on our favorite weather app for winds, Sailflow has the winds gusting to 30-35 miles per hour starting on Tuesday which was the day that we were suppose to travel to Ludington. Mike and I talking about leaving for Ludington on Monday. We do not have our mail yet and I was suppose to have my hair/nails done Monday morning. Mike and I talked to Ronn the Harbormaster to let him know that we may be leaving and if we do to have our mail sent back to St. Brendan's Isle. Mike and I went to the grocery store stocking up on some canned soups and nonperishable items for the rivers as we are starting to think about what they are going to be like in a few weeks. I called Ludington Municipal Marina and they have changed our arrival date to Monday. I have cancelled my hair/nail appointments. We are continuing to watch other weather apps that are not in agreement with Sailflow, Mike and I have talked we most likely will make the jump to Ludington Monday morning. By 11:00 A.M. Sailflow's winds for Tuesday are back down to where they were so we are continuing to monitor the situation. We launched the dinghy. We spent the afternoon between the beach and cruising along the north shore sand dunes. The wind forecast is back down for Tuesday so it is looking like we will be staying in Frankfort and jumping to Ludington on Tuesday. We had happy hour on the flying bridge followed by leftovers for dinner. Planning on Facetime and phone calls with family this evening.
Patty relaxing in the dinghy.

Mike relaxing in the dinghy with the sand dunes in the background.

Tug "Ann Marie" pulling two barges heading south from Frankfort.